Don’t you love wearing your shiny New Balance shoes? The vibrant colors and the clean-cut fancy designs. Most importantly, the neatly tucked clean shoelaces. I just love everything about my new pair of New Balance Shoes except that they won’t stay new for long. Soon, my bright white shoes will turn dull yellow-grey and there’s nothing I can do about it. Since I love wearing my shoes, not wearing them is not even an option.
What would you do if you were in my shoes? Or yours; but I mean if you’re facing a similar situation. You’d probably go and buy a new pair or clean them. Cleaning will make your shoes new but it will help to get rid of the dusty old look and unwanted ugly discoloration.
Preparing Your New Balance Shoes for Cleaning
When your New Balance Shoes get dusty, or dirty, they lose their original charm. The shoe pair starts to look old and rusty. If you don’t clean your shoes and leave them be, the dust particles start to harden leaving more prominent marks on the shoe surface. Soon, permanent discoloration can be seen which cannot be removed by cleaning or washing. So, it’s better to wash your New Balance Shoes before it’s too late.
When you start cleaning your shoes, there are a few things you should keep in mind before you jump the gun.
- Don’t wet your shoes directly at first.
- Get rid of the dusty particles.
- Scratch off any dried dirt that’s stuck on the surface.
- Use a cloth to rub off the shoes.
- Don’t use any highly reactive detergent on your shoes.
- Use brushes to rinse off the dirt and debris.
- Don’t put your shoes in the washer directly.
Never apply cleaning on wet shoes. If your shoes get wet or muddy due to rain, puddles, or walking through any marshy land, dry them before cleaning. You can use a towel or tissue wipes to clean the mud and wet dirt. You can also let it dry in the open air.
This will make it easier to scratch off the dirt instead of spreading it in wet conditions. Sometimes, hard tapping or rubbing also helps to loosen the sticky dirt from your shoes.
Proper Washing of Your New Balance Shoes
In order to clean your new balance shoes and make them new again, you must apply proper cleaning techniques. Since the upper part of your shoes consists of a thick layer of synthetic rubber or maybe a quality foam, it’s likely to get scarred with harsh cleaning agents. If your shoe pair has a mesh upper part, it tends to lose its precise clean-cut touch.
This is exactly why you must focus on your cleaning patterns and their possible outcomes.
- First things first, remove your shoelaces and put them away.
- Remove the insoles of your shoes from underneath as well.
- Clean the laces and insoles separately in a laundry bag.
- Only use cool water to wash them off.
- You can use a mild detergent to rinse the dirt away.
- Make a detergent solution and simply soak them in the soap foam.
- After a few minutes of scrubbing, take the laces and insoles out.
- Let them stay in the open air until they’re completely dried.
- Make sure to read and follow any specific washing instructions if mentioned on the box.
Next comes the shoe washing. This is the real step where you must pay attention. Else, you’ll never be able to bring back the shine of your favorite New Balance Shoes. To clean your New Balance Shoes in the right way, just follow the washing method written below.
How to Wash New Balance Shoes | Step-By-Step Guide
- Dry off the mud from your wet shoes first.
- Scratch off any dirt or debris sticking on the outer surface.
- Use a towel or a tissue to clean dust particles.
- For stained shoes, you can wash them with some light detergent.
- Try mixing a dish soap or a laundry detergent to make a slightly acidic solution into a bowl filled with water.
- Use an old toothbrush or a paintbrush to rinse your shoe stains with the detergent mixer.
- Dip the brush into the soapy water and lightly scrub the surface of your shoes in a circular manner.
- Keep your movements light and steady.
- Don’t use force or harsh movements.
- Then, use a clean towel to wash off the soapy water from your shoes.
- You can also use old clothing or tissue wipes to clean any remaining soap residue.
- Let your shoe air dry for a day.
For eliminating any foul odors and prevent your shoes from regular washing, you can use a quality shoe deodorizing spray. It helps to remove foul odors and keep your shoes smelling good.
Why Cleaning Your Shoes Is Necessary?
Cleaning helps to extend the life of your New Balance Shoes. Also, it helps to keep your shoe glamour intact for a longer period and you can enjoy wearing your favorite shoes as much as you want. You just have to be careful enough to take care of your shoes and wash them properly from time to time. Also, your shoes must look presentable. Nobody likes dirty shoes.
Imagine going to a presentation or an interview or attending some event with dirty shoes. It’s a big NO. Therefore, we recommend you wash your New Balance Shoes properly by following the simple method mentioned above. If you haven’t washed your shoes before, make sure to watch a video tutorial and learn how to properly clean your shoes.